Tuesday, March 01, 2005

100 Things

1. I am a redhead and proud of it (if you hadn't noticed)
2. I spent my whole life wanting to get out of my home town, and now I sort of miss it.
3. I am the baby of the family, but I don't feel like it.
4. My son was one of the biggest ever born in our hospital (ll lb. 3oz)
5. I love animals and cannot imagine life without pets.
6. I think how a person treats animals says a lot about their personality.
7. I've been married five years to a wonderful man.
8. I think you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you stop being stupid and recognize the princes.
9. 100 things is really hard, no wonder I haven't done this sooner.
10. Most of my best childhood memories involve being outdoors, especially in the water.
11. I always wanted girl children, but now that I have a boy, I want more boys.
12. I wish my family loved God.
13. I desperately want to move back to where we lived before, because I've never felt more accepted anywhere else in my entire life.
14. I daily dream of having more money.
15. I believe in ghosts, and think our previous house was haunted, due to the way our cats acted.
16. Paranormal stuff frightens me so badly that if I watch scary movies, I cannot sleep.
17. I am still afraid of the dark.
18. That, coupled with my dislike of being alone makes me unconsciously turn on all the lights in the house if I'm alone at night.
19. I hated our basement in the house I grew up in. I didn't know until I was an adult that so did my sister, brother, and mom.
20. My idea of vacation always involves a beach, water, a good book, and no other responsibilities.
21. Although, someday, I'd like to travel the U.S. in a motor home, I can find beaches when needed.
22. My husband doesn't want to get a dog, but I'm prepared to win this arguement when needed.
23. I will have a dog, eventually.
24. There is nearly the same age difference between my sister and I as there is between her son and I.
25. When I get more money, I want to buy a Mac computer, so the programs will work right.
26. I've been off from teaching for a year now, and I'm just starting to miss it.
27. I think when I go back to teaching, I'd like to teach English, not art. I just miss sharing books.
28. I want to lose 45 lbs. but have no will power with which to do it (nor money).
29. Can someone buy me a membership to a gym?
30. Even though I want to move back to where we used to live, I love this area and being so near the water, since I love water.
31. Even though I'm an evengelical Christain, I don't much care for James Dobson or most of the other high profile Christian personalities.
32. Except for Billy Graham. He rocks.
33. I don't like the idea of another human being telling me what I should/shouldn't do if I'm a "good" Christian. (i.e. vote a certain way, etc.)
34. You never hear Billy taking a political angle, or even choosing a side. It's not what he's about, and that's why I like him.
35. I don't typically agree with most of what the Religious Right says, and so I often vote liberal. hehe.
36. I always feel a bit evil and rebellious when I say that. Which is a good thing.
37. I've done many things in my life I regret, mostly hurting myself.
38. There was a time when my actions deeply hurt an innocent person, and I still haven't forgiven myself. Sorry MH.
39. College was one of my favorite times of life. Not because of partying (although it was fun) but because I loved feeling young and being in school.
40. If I could pick any career to be in the rest of my life, I'd be a lifelong student, I think.
41. How much longer to 100? Jeesh!
42. When I was in highschool and college, my sister's house was like home to me. I spent every summer there but one from 1992-1998.
43. I've been known to cry over movies and books. Often.
44. I read voraciously.
45. My favorite author of all time is Madeleine L'Engle.
46. My favorite book is by her, called A Wind In The Door. It is a young adult novel.
47. I used to love books with darker subject matter, like Stephen King and Anne Rice. 48. I don't read much of their stuff anymore (an occasional Anne Rice) because I find that it seems to have a spiritual effect on me.
49. The English teacher in me can't hold back sometimes, though, and I read some. hehe.
50. Half way there! yeah! I don't know how much more of this I can do, I'm really not that interesting of a person.
51. I'm a big-picture kind of person.
52. Therefore, I hate details. The devil is in the details. Really.
53. Hating details makes me sort of unorganized.
54. I hate being unorganized. How's that for a vicious cycle?
55. When I was wee-little, I used to want to grow up to be a boy. And somehow, it made perfect sense to me. I have no idea how.
56. I think I knew back then that boys had it better.
57. Good grief! I'll be thirty this year! (2005)
58. Thirty isn't nearly as old as I once thought it was!
59. No matter how old I am, my sister will always be 12 years older.
60. And that makes me smile no matter how often I think of it :)
61. When I started this list, my life was not-so-busy.
62. Since then, I've joined three new activities.
63. I help with youth group at our church, I am in a womens' discipleship class (church, also), and I take my son to a lap-sit program at our library (well, not yet, but later this week we'll start)
64. Being more involved changes how I feel about wanting to move back where we used to live.
65. I do not feel mature enough to have a toddler.
66. Especially during the middle of the night when he wakes up because he's teething.

No comments: