Thursday, July 14, 2005

Wanting a three column blog?

Well, for those of you who are jealous of my three-column blog, the site I got them at is the first one on my links (look right) or you can click here. That takes you right to the layouts.

What I did was set up a dummy blog, downloaded the new template design to Notepad (or whatever word processing program you want) and then when I toyed with the template, I'd check it on the dummy blog, and also save the changes to my Notepad copy. This way, I could cut and paste all my other stuff from my old skin onto the new template. Then, when I thought I'd finished, I saved a copy of my old template to Notepad, and the cut and pasted all the new stuff into Blogger. I also changed font color, toyed with category titles (which I'm still not completely satisfied with), and also the masthead. But like I said, Kristine over at Random and Odd was a big help. Let me know if you are interested and/or need more information!

4 comments:

brett said...

thanks for the pointers on 3 column blogs.

MStateDawg said...

I am using your template for the 3-column blog; however, I can't seem to find where to change the background color, the fonts, and the font colors...Where do I go to change it? You can leave me a message on my blog if you want to...
thanks!

KP said...

Yeah, I really like this template and I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog. Is it yours or did you find it somewhere?

KP said...

Sorry, I'm confused. I've looked at her templates before and just did again and I don't see the ones for 3 columns which is what I really want. Am I missing something or did you just modify a 2 column one to make it 3?