Thursday, July 14, 2005

Wanting a three column blog?

Well, for those of you who are jealous of my three-column blog, the site I got them at is the first one on my links (look right) or you can click here. That takes you right to the layouts.

What I did was set up a dummy blog, downloaded the new template design to Notepad (or whatever word processing program you want) and then when I toyed with the template, I'd check it on the dummy blog, and also save the changes to my Notepad copy. This way, I could cut and paste all my other stuff from my old skin onto the new template. Then, when I thought I'd finished, I saved a copy of my old template to Notepad, and the cut and pasted all the new stuff into Blogger. I also changed font color, toyed with category titles (which I'm still not completely satisfied with), and also the masthead. But like I said, Kristine over at Random and Odd was a big help. Let me know if you are interested and/or need more information!

2 comments:

brett said...

thanks for the pointers on 3 column blogs.

MStateDawg said...

I am using your template for the 3-column blog; however, I can't seem to find where to change the background color, the fonts, and the font colors...Where do I go to change it? You can leave me a message on my blog if you want to...
thanks!