Monday, September 12, 2005

The Last Week of My Twenties

Yep, it's true, I turn 30 on Friday. My twenties have held a lot of change for me. I started them out in a severely emotionally abusive relationship and in a very dark time in my walk with God, ended the relationship and proceeded to do a lot more stupid things(and yet learned some valuable life-lessons), and then met my husband (a wonderful man) and got married (which has helped me grow up considerably), got pregnant and now have a toddler! God used the first part of my twenties to teach me what I'd be like without Him (selfish and hurtful, living a chaotic and painful life) and the second part showing me what love truly is (it's a choice, not a feeling). Truly, it is amazing to look back and see how God how pursued me through it all. There are a lot of things I regret, but God has been faithful to me through it all, and used those dark times for my good. When I consider my life, I often think of Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. How amazing.

No comments: