Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Political debate continues....but***

Recently I recieved this comment to a previous blog entry:
Come on now Denise...

"YOU may have voted for
him, but I did NOT."

You know our state is a republic... and not a true
democratic one. So if we passed a law and you voted against it... does it me
that you don't have to abide by it?

Clinton broke the law!

I'm glad you know about our state affairs more than our state department does. In
fact! you should run our state department with your liberal misinformation.

The paragraph on McCarthy... blah, blah, blah...

Haha... Are you
mad yet? I bet you're fuming right about now... haha :-P

Correction... I didn't know about Clinton's impeachment. Thanks for correcting me. Although it
dosen't matter... because he was one of the most worthless presidents we had in
recent years. :-P


Erm...I'm not sure where to begin exactly, since this blurb wouldn't win any type of logical debate....but I'll give it the college try.

Just because a president is voted in by the "republic" doesn't mean I have to like him, agree with, or think he's a great guy. I don't even have to think he's a good president. Obeying the law of the land (which is faulty at times as well, see Slavery and Segregation) isn't the same as blindly following a leader who repeatedly shows us that he's not a good leader.

I never said Clinton didn't break the law, but the fact that he was brought before a grand jury for his sex life is curious, when the current president took us to war under false pretenses, and is spending money like it's growing out behind the White House. And, can you actually explain why you think Clinton was worthless?

I don't pretend to know more about our national affairs than our federal government does, I only watch the news, listen and watch carefully, and use my brain. But I suppose it's easy to dismiss any legitimate argument by slapping the trusty ole' "liberal" label on it. Really, that's all the "Republican Right" does anymore. They don't actually engage in logical debate. I guess they think that the American people are too stupid to care: why back up your position logically when it's so much easier to name call? Maybe they're right, maybe as a whole the American people want a good ole boy with catchy phrasing and a silly grin. It's worked so far, hasn't it.

***By the way, I do have to say that there are Republicans out there that I know and admire (for you Mainline Mom!). They can back up their arguments logically and don't use political leanings as a grounds to measure morality. Even though I can heartily disagree with them, I respect them because they think. I take issue with beleiving in something because you are told to. And comments will be turned off on this post, so please reply via email. Good night, and good luck ;)

No comments: