Friday, January 26, 2007

"Three more days 'til no diapers, right?"

"Right, Momma," comes the sweet little-boy-voice. It's the final countdown until potty training begins. I kept putting it off until Terry would be home, or until we had more time....but you know what? I'm sick of changing his diapers. Once we had Lydia, changing Isaac seemed like changing a 14 year old. There is such a vast difference, a vast, disgusting difference. He's ready, and I'm more than ready, so Monday we're gonna do this thing. We've got the training pants, the plastic pants, the pull-ups, the big-boy underwear. We've got flushable wipes for each bathroom, along with a potty chair/seat for each toilet. I even found a foldable Diego! potty seat for traveling purposes (a little concerned about it having no splash guard, though!). All I need to do is get some treats for rewards and I'm all set.

In other news: Lydie started drooling this week. Isaac started drooling (by drooling I mean someone turned the drool faucet on in his head) at three months, and had teeth by five months. Now, Lydie has a nice, petite stream of drool, unlike her brother, so...we'll see. She's been a bit fussy this week, not her usual happy-go-lucky self. She got shots on Monday, but that shouldn't have been bothering her by Thursday....maybe teeth, but I feel nothing on her gums. By the way, at four months, she's 17 lb. 13 oz. Nearly 18 lb. and 26 1/2 inches long. A big one, but three pounds shy of her brother at this age.

Oh, yeah, and one more day 'til Cirque Du Soleil, right? RIGHT!!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Good luck with the potty training! It was one of the happiest days of my life when my daughter was trained. And lol about it being like changing a 14 year old.

My baby boy is 11 months and just now got his third tooth. I think Miss Pink had six or eight teeth at the same age. It amazes me that two siblings can be so different with their development. (He is also quite a bit bigger than she was--he will probably catch up to her soon!)