Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Adobe Illiterate

Hmph. I downloaded Adobe Photo Elements...the free trial. I was so looking forward to all the cool things I knew I could do with this program. I thought if I could show my dear husband how many cool things I could do, we could purchase it.

Hmph. Is it me, or is Adobe just incredibly difficult to operate?? There was no "Adobe Elements for Idiots" included with the download, and I've barely figured out how to turn a photo black & white. Really, I need more to show the husband. Superior red-eye elimination does not cut it.

I know someone (Undercover Mutha, I'm looking at YOU!) must know how to operate this blasted program. Please help....please.

2 comments:

Undercover Mutha said...

Ha ha ha! Is that a cry for help or what? Well, it's been a few years since I've used it, and yes, it can be difficult...more difficult than the $600 version. I orginally bought some Linda Sattgast tutorial CD's for it which helped immensely. If we ever move into our new home and I find them, I'll send them your way. As for black and white, if you can find the gradient tool, that's the easiest way to do it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Have you looked into GIMP? It's free, and there are lots of forums out there on it. I also really liked the Google's Picasa, which is or was free. I liked using that the best.

Unknown said...

I don't think it's THAT bad. Yes it seems like a lot compared to your standard free photo editors, but I use it all the time and it's really quite functional.