Monday, August 29, 2005

Poor Boy (WARNING: More poop talk!)

I've never seen him like this, he's lethargic, clumsy, clingy, and whiney....and he's sat through two whole baby eintstein videos (not a WORD about me being a bad mother! I'm just trying to keep him content at this point!) in a day. This is the kid that won't sit through one every other week...if that. He's just so miserable. We have seriously depleted our Childrens' Motrin and Infant Tylenol, along with our supply of Hyland's Teething Tablets (Homeopathic stuff). Along with that, his ped. wants us to take a "specimen" of the atomic diaper to the hospital lab.

Get this: she (the pediatrician) told us to line his diaper with saran wrap and then after he goes, to just collect it and put it in a glad container or something similar, and then take it to the lab. Sounds easy-peasy, right?? haha! nope. We have not had luck. Atomic diapers usually happen in the early AM. Therefore, I am NOT going to have my son sleep the whole night in Saran Wrap, especially considering that A)He is prone to severe diaper rashes and B)Saran Wrap does NOT absorb pee. Can you image the holy mess I'd have on my hands first thing in the morning? So, I've tried catching it later in the day.....and have had to deal with sogginess due to the Saran-Wrap-not-absorbing-pee-thing. UGH!

I tried calling the lab to see if there was a different means to the same end, but their line was busy all stinking day.

Suggestions?

No comments: