Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankfulness...and Happy Turkey Day

It's not the big to-do Thanksgiving this year. It's just me and The Husband and The Boy, hanging out with my Mom and Dad. It's a quiet holiday this year, and that's okay. I have a lot to be thankful for, like the occasional quiet holdiay!

I'm finding that the older I get, the more important my family is to me, to the point of tears when one or more parties are not getting along, or are just being butt-heads. And I'm so thankful for being able to spend my holidays in a warm and toasty house, with familiar comfort-food smells wafting from the kitchen. Seeing my happy and healthy son tearing all over the place, getting into Gram and Gramp's stuff, watching too much TV, and eating too much junk....I love it.

I'm thankful for the fact that my relationship with my parents has morphed into a comfortable grown-up kind of thing, where we can laugh at ourselves and each other in good nature. I love that my husband feels just as comfortable here as I do.

And, I'm thankful for my husband. He who gets up early on his days off to get the boy, and lets me sleep in, who loves me more for my strange quirks, who is my best friend in the whole wide world.

Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for this year, especially the blessing that is our family, immediate and extended, those we are with right this moment, and those we will be with soon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I can't comment on The Boy's blog. What's up?

Denise B. said...

Oh, sorry. I had some problems with some jerk spamming the comments in Isaac the Boy, and so I switched settings.....let me check...I probably did something unintentionally.