Friday, January 18, 2008

Self Expression

 Isaac has become much more able with his speach and communication lately. He's using complete sentences, and putting his own thoughts into them. It's all kind of happened in the last month that we've seen this language explosion, and it's pretty cool to watch. One of the new things he's been doing, besides parroting us constantly, is to identify the object that has made noise. For instance, he was coughing yesterday morning and he said, "That was me, that was my mouth." I sneezed this morning and it was, "That was your nose, Momma. Bless you!" Well, along those lines, we were cuddled up together on the couch the other day when he let loose some gas (don't you all just say farted??), and I said, "Hey, I heard that!" (I'm trying to instill the 'excuse me' reflex), and he said, "Oh, that was me, that was my butt." I'm sorry, but that just cracks me up!! He also likes to say, "Luna (one of our cats)has something on her! It's her butt!" Everytime he says butt, I start laughing...I cannot help myself.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: