Friday, August 01, 2008

Simon One Month+

Eight Weeks, actually, which just seems impossible. I cannot believe it's been nearly two months since he was born. The time has flown by, in a sleep-deprived haze, but flown by nonetheless! He had a well-baby visit on Wednesday. As I said before, he's growing like a weed. At "eight weeks" (I put it in quotes, because he'd actually be only three weeks if he'd baked all the way), Simon weighs 12 pounds, is 23 inches long, and his head is 15 3/4 inches. Technically, he's in the 50th percentile. Our pediatrician commented about how is isn't as big as his siblings were, and then I reminded her that he was five weeks early. She said that she had to keep reminding herself that he's a preemie, and that if she adjusted for the preterm birth, he'd be in the 97th percentile. So, it looks like he's following in his brother's footsteps. We'll see how he continues to grow, though.

He's started looking around and following objects with his eyes, and a couple times I've expected to see a smile. His face will brighten up, but he doesn't follow through yet with the grin we are impatient to see. It's hard to tell with newborns, but his personality seems to be emerging. He definitely has no problem letting his voice be heard, probably not a bad trait for #3. He seems to have a pretty gentle nature, though, and will often look at me very thoughtfully. But, like I said, it's hard to tell with newborns, and so I am pretty impatient to see he personality truly emerge, as well. I know, I know, I should enjoy every moment....I still want the time to come when I can see his personality more clearly.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh he looks just like his brother! I love that middle photo...gorgeous.