Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rebel without a clue




Well, in case you hadn't heard, Terry got me a gorgeous new toy for Valentine's Day. He'd been hiding away money for a little while, and found a great deal on a Canon Rebel XTi, which I'd been drooling over for several years now. I'm in complete shock. We just don't spend money on eachother/ourselves. We didn't even buy anything for ourselves for Christmas, so this is a pretty big deal. I love it, SO MUCH. I have such limited knowledge of what it can do. Plus, I bought Photoshop Elements last September with birthday money, so I have decent editing tools (however, I still like Picasa for quick fixes!) So, between the Rebel and Elements, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Elated, but overwhelmed. I was experimenting in the bathroom mirror because an old friend had commented on how I didn't have any recent photos of me on Facebook. I really like the bottom picture. I like the look on my face and the hues and the framing....it seems very "me".

Right now I only have the kit lens, but I'll be squirreling away money for the 18-200mm lens. I wish Canon's lenses weren't so expensive, but once I get it, I'm pretty set. Until them, I'm more than happy with the kit lens. This is such a huge upgrade from my Canon Elph that it'll be a while before I really start wanting the better lens. I still plan on using my Elph quite a bit. For a little point and shoot, it's been very good to me, and it's always more convienient to take on trips. I'm wanting a camera bag that both can fit into, but in looking for one, I've discovered that glorified backpacks are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE! yeesh!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is so cool! I love surprises and that is a huge one! The new blog design looks really cool, by the way. :)