Monday, November 07, 2005

Scrapbooking with the Girls

This past weekend, I went Up North to scrapbook with some friends of mine. For approximately 42 hours, I didn't have to worry about anything but me, myself, and I. I feel guilty for admitting that it was wonderful. I missed my husband and son, of course, but it was blissfully nice to be releived of any and all responsibility for a while. And, I actually got quite a bit accomplished in The Boy's baby book (16 pages!), which at the start of this weekend hadn't been touched in a year, and only covered his birth and the hospital stay. Now we are up to Christmas, and I'm hoping to get through to his first birthday by the end of the holidays. (Opitimistic, I know!)

Should I feel guilty about enjoying time for just me? I feel guilty, like I'm demanding something that my husband doesn't get. But at the same time, I don't get to wear a "different hat" during the day like he does. I miss that, going to school and just focusing on teaching for a while. Just the change of gears. Honest answers people, honest answers!

No comments: