Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Four Months


Simon-Four Months
Originally uploaded by Redhead Mommy.
This little monster is growing so fast! I picked him up this morning, and it was as if he'd grown significantly over night. He's well known for these half-smiles, and although this isn't a good example, also does a good Elvis sneer. Simon especially loves to look into our eyes and coo and grin....he's an excellent flirt, really.

His doctor says she doesn't consider him as a pre-term baby anymore, since he is doing everything a four month old should be. He's not rolling over yet, but she's not concerned about it. He's in the 90th percentile for length and the 75th for weight. He's gaining percentiles every time we go in, I'm fairly certain he's going to be larger like Isaac, after he's done catching up to his "full potential". The doctor says it's hard to speculate how big he'd really be if he was born on time, but my gut tells me he's not done catching up to what he might have been yet.

I cannot believe it's been over four months since he was born! And to think a short year ago, I was still trying convince Terry that I was really pregnant! Time is passing so much more quickly now, and seems to have gotten faster with each child. It's hard to imagine Simon as a two year old or three year old, but I know it will be here in no time.

No comments: