Monday, September 26, 2011

Sick Day

Saturday we noticed Isaac's eye looking a little pinkish and...yucky. I hoped it was allergies or something other than the dreaded pink eye, since he said it hurt, but didn't itch. It kept getting worse, but as it was a weekend, there wasn't much we could do. By last night, I knew what we had on our hands because Simon was also showing symptoms.  This morning, Lydia still appeared untouched by the contagion, but when asked, she said her eye felt weird.....greeeaaattt.

I suppose if I'm going to be trapped in the house with three "sick" kids, pink eye is the way to go.  They aren't vomiting, nauseated, feverish, achy, whiney, ornery etc.  (Okay, Simon is a little ornery, but that seems to be his norm.) They have normal appetites and the only thing I need to worry about is not touching my own eyes, and washing my hands a lot.

Well, there is one more thing. Tomorrow is picture day, and Isaac looks like he went on an all-night bender and  hasn't slept for three days.  I'm pretty sure one day on eye drops isn't going to be enough time to undo this in time for pictures, maybe the right one, which only started looking pink today, but the left has been a couple days.


Lydia's not showing signs yet, but she's been saying her right eye feels "bumpy" and now "itchy". I called in for a script for her too. I'm just getting out ahead of the inevitable.


For Simon it's mostly his left eye, but the way he's got his hands all over his face, I'm thinking the right isn't far behind.

No comments: